Background

Friday, January 28, 2011

How could I forget?!?!

You may be wondering what this title is all about, it is so very important, that I am amazed that I had forgotten it.  I am such a terrible person, I should have written about this a few days ago, but, I FORGOT. How? You might ask.  I don't know, I really don't because this is a matter that deeply saddens my heart.

                      On January 22, 2008, a legend died.  Heath Andrew Ledger.  This man could act.  This is one of those events where I remember exactly where I was when it happened.  It was my freshman year of college and I was in one of my classes with my BFF Beth.  Our teacher was up lecturing us and I was probably daydreaming about my crush at the time who was...well lets just call him Cranberry.
         Anyways, Beth receives a text message, and she gasps out loud.  I was like, "What the heck happened?!" She then told me that Heath Ledger had died, and I seriously thought she was joking, Beth likes to do that.  I should have known that she wouldn't joke about something as lovely as Heath Ledger.  So when I told her that I didnt believe her, she showed me a picture of the news article on her phone, and sure enough it said that Heath Ledger, age 28, had died in his home in New York.  I was crushed.  I definitely didnt listen to any more of the class after that.  I was almost tempted to walk out, for fear that I might burst into tears at any moment.  But, I held it together.  When class ended, Beth and I walked home in silence, contemplating the death of our Heath.  It was terrible.

                  When we got home, we discussed how we were gonna celebrate his life with our other friends.  We decided to watch his movies.  We popped in "10 Things I Hate About You" which just so happens to be one of our favorite movies anyway, and we passed around the chocolate chip cookie dough.  It was, therapeutic.

                 Who could forget Heath Ledger and his amazing acting?  I mean, the man was brilliant.  From "10 Things I Hate About You" to "The Patriot" to "A Knights Tale" and finally to "The Dark Knight" which some say is what caused his death.  Oh, Heath, we will never forget you and all those wonderful movies.  May you rest in peace.  I miss you.

                 This weekend, my friends and I, will be celebrating his life, with a collection of his movies, chocolate, coke, pizza, laughter, tears and memories.  It is gonna be awesome, I know Heath would appreciate it.

                 Remember when he sang this song?  My heart melts every time I hear it :-)
















That smile, seriously, gets me every time.  Oh Heath, why did you have to leave us?  You really did make this world a better place.
UNFORGETTABLE. Once again, may you rest in peace, Heath.  We will be thinking of you this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. hahahah you nerd. I mean I love it, but you nerd. I love the part about your BFF beth. I still get the red squiggly line when I type BFF. We will celebrate. For sure. We love you, Heath! May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete