Background

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Already?

This weekend was quite swell. Im just sad that it's already over and Im back in my morning classes again. 
Great. 4.5 days until my next weekend.
Friday night, Beth and I had to work until 7:30 but after that we went to Big Jud's for dinner and it was delicious. We came back home and Ben, Virg, and Stephen came over (Did I mention that Stephen and I are dating? Oh? I didn't? Well, Stephen and I are dating. He's pretty great, but more about him later.) and we played Boxers and Briefs, and Catch Phrase and we got beat by the boys...AGAIN.  
Let me just explain something.
In my family, we NEVER lose at Catch Phrase.  
It is THE most competitive you will see us get.
So when I came out to school I didn't know if my roommates were going to be able to measure up to my family when it comes to winning this game.
Oh, was I wrong.
Beth, Virg, and I ROCK at this game when playing together.
(My sophomore year, my roomies-Beth, Virg, Heather, Kakamoe, and Megan and I-would play this just to play it, thats how much we love it)
So, you can imagine our disappointment when we got together with Ben, Jordan, and Stephen, who don't even know each other that well, at all, whooped our butts at this game. TWICE. 
What the?
Are you serious?
We NEVER lose this game.
The most impressive clue given by Stephen, to Jordan and Ben, went as follows:
Stephen: "Patrick is a...?"
(Beth, Virg, and I are sitting there like...? Seriously? I was sitting there thinking, "Wow, what a terrible clue...")
1.7 seconds later, in unison...
Ben and Jordan: "STARFISH"
Are you kidding me?
How in the world did they get that and how did they get it that fast?
At this point, he passes it on to Beth and we continue to lose. 
Boo.
So that is how our Friday night went. Other than losing at Catch Phrase, it was a pretty good night.

Jordan felt the need to photograph their win/our loss.

Saturday was pretty relaxed.  I worked for an hour, and we went to the store and watched some TV, took a nap on the couch, did nails, so on and so forth.  Stephen came over and we played Rummy, and he beat me again, although I was winning up until the end.  That counts for something right? Ok, maybe not.
We also went and watched one of his roommates play black light volleyball.  
It was way cool! They lost, but it was still way cool :)

Sunday was probably the best day of the weekend.
We had church, which was great and then we came home and made dinner.
We made Jambalaya and for dessert we made Pretzel Bottomed Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Pie.
(Beth and I did not have any of the Pie, and let me just tell you, it was torture to make)
We invited Ben, Virg, Jordan, and Stephen over for dinner.

This was the Pie. Doesn't it look scrumptious? Yeah, I wouldn't know.

Next, we had the brilliant idea that we should go and Saran Wrap Jordan to a tree. What? 
We did what?
Yeah, we Saran wrapped Jordan to a tree. You heard correctly.
 Don't worry, we documented it.

Oh yeah, his feet were NOT touching the ground AT ALL.



Yes, this is real life.


Jealous? You should be.  The best part was the reaction of the people walking by.  Some people didn't even realize he was there. How do you miss a guy Saran wrapped to a tree?
So after about half an hour, we took him down and went home and played some more games.
Overall, great night.
So, you could say I had a pretty great weekend, but now back to the daily grind.
Hopefully, I'll talk again soon.
See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment